This panel will discuss the Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage Act (S. 3179), introduced by Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV). This act would remove the cap currently on the Section 45Q federal tax credit. In addition, it would increase the value for each ton of CO2 captured and stored from power plants and industrial facilities. Lawmakers from both parties have endorsed this major legislation as it promotes domestic energy security and reduces carbon emissions. The panelists will explain why they support this bill and its significance in accelerating commercial deployment of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) technologies.
This event is off the record. A statement to the press will be issued after event. Please direct any questions regarding press coverage or communications to Dipka Bhambhani, USEA communications director, at [email protected].
- Jan Brunner, Senior Energy Policy Advisor to Sen. Capito
- Aaron Goldner, Energy Policy Advisor to Sen. Whitehouse
- Shannon Angielski, Executive Director at Coal Utilization Research Council
- David Mohler, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Clean Coal and Carbon Management at DOE
- Judi Greenwald, Deputy Director for Climate, Environment, and Energy Efficiency at DOE
- Erin Burns, Policy Advisor at Third Way