USEA plans to arrange a single five (5) day leadership training course in late September, 2018 for ten to fifteen (10–15) mid- and senior-level EEU management personnel to take place in or near Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The training will focus on management techniques to deliver greater efficiency, effectiveness, and personal authority, as well as improved morale, productivity and profitability, including, but not limited to the following topics:
- Successful staff and work-flow management:
- how to delegate effectively,
- how to encourage innovation,
- how to enable, encourage and motivate staff and boost morale,
- strategies for retaining staff and building stronger, more successful teams,
- techniques for analyzing performance.
- effective communications;
- change management;
- bottom-up approach.
The training course should include the following features:
- a wide array of interactive exercises and involve real-life scenarios;
- a strong team-building element.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to demonstrate solid understanding of main concepts of effective leadership, as well as methods for measuring success.
The training course will include pre-training and post-training surveys administered to all participants. A pre-training survey will be designed to assess participants’ baseline knowledge and competencies and to identify knowledge gaps and weak areas, so that the course can be modified as necessary. A post-training/skill assessment survey will be designed to measure participating trainees’ progress. A program evaluation instrument will also be developed to measure the overall effectiveness of the program, as well as to identify areas for improvements for future capacity building programs.