Focus Areas for Task 1:
USEA manages several programs funded by different U.S. Government agencies. Each program has unique communications and branding requirements. The Developer will work with USEA staff to ensure:
- All U.S. Government-funded programs managed by USEA are represented on the USEA website with individual pages;
- Program pages meet the branding requirements of the funding agency; and
- USEA staff is trained to maintain and update program pages on an ongoing basis.
The event registration system needs to be upgraded to allow a high degree of flexibility and functionality for USEA users and registrants. USEA organizes dozens of events. The ability to convey and collect information about attendance to multiple-day events, events with side meetings or dinners, or any events with breakout sessions is critical for the new website. Under this agreement the consultant will:
- Design a registration system to allow USEA employees to easily customize registration for optional sub-events like lunches, dinners, sessions, and site visits; and
- Design the webpage and the scrolling headliner on the USEA homepage so USEA employees can showcase the most prioritized events, and high-profile past events.
Improved Video Capability:
Videos on the USEA website are displayed as a series of embedded YouTube videos. In its current form, there is no search or filter function for the video content. Recently, USEA installed a new audio and visual system for live-streaming events held in the USEA offices. USEA seeks a solution integrated into its website to broadcast live events and display past videos in a searchable, filterable, and intuitive manner. Under this agreement the consultant will:
- In cooperation with USEA staff, develop a streamlined procedure to produce videos and live-streams of in-house briefings using USEA’s film equipment;
- Create a user interface to make video content searchable, tagged by interest area, and capable of being organized by program; and
- Provide training services to staff to teach how videos of briefings can be managed, archived, and posted for the public.
Other Upgrades and Design:
The Developer, under the direction of USEA, will:
- Design the publication and report infrastructure to better feature important items;
- Improve mobile/tablet functionality;
- Establish a method of sourcing high-resolution images for USEA content; and
- on the most effective methods of increasing USEA’s digital visibility.
Task 2: Ongoing site maintenance and training for USEA staff
training and continued support will be included to ensure the added features remain functional and fully utilized by USEA staff.
Focus areas for Task 2:
The Developer will, on an ongoing basis, provide up to 20 hours per month for site development and support, including but not limited to:
- Streamlining and maintaining connections between the USEA website and other sites and services utilized by USEA (including any AMS, CMS, mailing, email, and web services);
- Meeting, virtually or in person, with USEA staff to on effective digital communication through the USEA website;
- Managing site updates and site maintenance under the direction of USEA, including available emergency support; and
- Producing training manuals or videos to help new USEA staff.
Task 3: Integrate contemporary association/membership management software (AMS/MMS) into the website
The Developer will, under the direction of USEA and in cooperation with a third party vendor, integrate a contemporary association and/or membership management software (AMS/MMS) into the USEA website.
Focus areas for Task 3
- Integrate AMS/MMS into
- Assist USEA in identifying compatible AMS/MMS platforms